At Baker Hughes, this position is responsible for supervising and instructing Junior Field Engineers on wellsite work and activities, as well as providing advice and direction to external customers and third-party wellsite colleagues. This position is also responsible for maintaining frequent internal and external customer contacts in order to maintain and grow the companys status as the recognized leader within the oil service industry.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
• Under minimal supervision, provide direct instruction and supervision to junior Field Engineers on day-to-day wellsite work and activities.
• Provide advice and direction to external customer and third-party wellsite colleagues as appropriate.
• Provide resolution to a diverse scope and range of complex problems at the wellsite where analysis of data requires having a broad knowledge of the product lines tool(s) and/or service(s).
• Work is evaluated upon completion by a Field Supervisor (where appropriate), local Operations Management and the external Customer to ensure objectives have been met.
• Act as a project leader and mentor junior field engineers.
• Maintain frequent intra-organizational and external customer contacts with a high degree of professionalism.
• Execute other related duties as assigned.
• Conduct all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values.
• Successfully complete additional advanced technical training and assigned well site development programs.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Industry experience and product line training required.
Desired / Preferred Qualifications:
• Two year Technical Degree preferred.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the skill profile required for the delivery of Directional Systems services at the well site.
• Ability to work in challenging Directional Systems environments and to provide complex solutions to the Customer.
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills; and excellent customer awareness.
• Ability to relate to well site personnel at all levels, be a strong team member, and demonstrate leadership capability.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The companys 57,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes technology centers in the worlds leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer
Please submit your application indicating position applied in the e-mail subject to firstname.lastname@example.org at the latest on October, 31st, 2012.