The Integrated Gas Finance Analyst supports the assurance that Shell’s JV interest as a non-operating shareholder in the Masela Production Sharing Contract are safeguarded and properly reported. He/she advises and supports the Finance Manager and the wider team in all finance, contracting and procurement, governance and risk management aspects.
Planning & Budgeting
Initiate cost build process and work with Finance and Technical managers for inputs; connect with JV finance focal to get better understanding of the costs proposed in the Work Program & Budgets; coordinate the business planning and budgeting exercise for the project. Enable review of the plan and the resulting financials and seek functional and management endorsement for submission to Business One.
Reporting and Performance Management
Facilitate monthly review of financial reports with Shell Business Service Centre and support the production of timely relevant and compelling management information to track performance. Prepare monthly expenditure reports and commentaries for submission to regional planning team. Organize and prepare quarterly expenditure review materials and support the Finance Manager in the review process with the project team. The expenditure review is a critical part of project performance tracking. Liaise with the wider project team as well as partners on the preparation of latest estimates against plans and budgets and provide constructive challenge towards a credible Latest Estimate to help in decision-making and submission to regional planning team and cost reporting system (ECR).
Governance, Risk & Assurance: play an integral role in the management of business risks including the establishment and maintenance of an appropriate risk control framework
Business and Financial Controls
- Focal point for financial and business controls for the project
- Ensure processes are SOx compliant and are embedded within Shell Upstream Companies in Indonesia to maintain ongoing compliance
- Focal point in the team to coordinate for JV partners audit
- Coordinate as necessary with Finance Operations in relation to invoice management & payments; master data creation and bank account management
- Prepare cash forecast inputs to Finance Operations and initiate request for foreign currency requirements
- Liaise with the Indonesian Country Tax Manager on finance reports requiring tax inputs (expenditure forecast for tax reporting in the UK) and quarterly tax provisioning review.
- Coordinate with Project Services team to ensure accurate P&T charges to governance team
- Oversee deliverables of contract staff - deputise Finance Manager as and when required
- An experienced finance professional with strong business acumen
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills, able to communicate issues both with senior project & business leaders as well as with external stakeholders
- Sound understanding and appreciation of Upstream/Integrated Gas business, business planning processes and systems
- Understanding of Indonesian regulatory requirements will be an added advantage
- Visibly demonstrate personal commitment to drive towards excellence
- Show respect for diversity, including individual cultures and local circumstances
- Proficient English
Number of Vacancies: 1