• Assists the Senior Drilling Engineer in operational activities and works together with the Drilling Supervisor to monitor and ensure that drilling operations are running smoothly and safely.
• Provide the drilling engineering support during on offshore or onshore drilling operation. And provide additional planning support for future drilling operations
• Performs calculations and maintains documentation relating to all drilling activity, directional well control, tabular goods usage, well commenting, drilling fluids, well head configuration and well status.
• Responsible for recommending the equipment or the procedure to be used or applied for well treatment in drilling activities, including preparation of scopes of work and calculation of tenders.
• Support Drilling Supervisor during the drilling operation for administration of the in-out drilling equipment, engineering calculation on the well site. Ensures that the equipment is the most appropriate to handle the work and supervise contractors or vendors.
• Produces the final drilling activity report and project close-out report for Pertamina or Premier Management. Participates in the well post mortem and lessons learned.
• Ensures a safe working environment is provided and safe working practices are followed.
• Performs non-routine tasks and attends such meetings as directed by the Senior Drilling Engineer or as opportunity presents, in order to meet Company objectives. Ensures that his Superior and all other relevant people are kept informed of all major opportunities, developments or problems which will impact on the business.
• Ensure that all activities conducted personally comply with all safety requirements and Company and Government regulations
• University degree, majoring in Petroleum or Mechanical Engineering
• Fluent in English both written and Spoken
• Strong Computer Literate
• 5 - 10 years experience
• Having offshore experience is preferably