1. Minimum Diploma III – Mechanical Engineers.
2. Senior First-Aid qualifications.
3. Possess broad based, comprehensive experience (3-5 years) in similar supervisory positions within mining, oil & gas or similar heavy industrial environment.
4. A good understanding of world class mining standards and associated safety standards (ANZS, BS, IEC, ASTM & PAS 55)
5. A good understanding of ’Computer Maintenance Management Systems’ (CMMS) and software.
6. Broad based comprehensive experience with Mechanical maintenance, problem-solving and inspection processes.
7. Thorough knowledge and understanding of different condition monitoring technologies (Condition Monitoring Training, Vibration Analysis Thermography, Oil Analysis and NDT Techniques).
8. Thorough knowledge of occupational hazards within the mineral processing industry
9. Ability to understand and efficiently carry out written and oral instructions.
10. Interpretation of engineering drawings.
11. Ability to develop ’Safe Working Procedures’ and demonstrate these to subordinates.
12. Facilitating Root Cause Failure Analysis and implementation the actions.
13. Ability to estimate the amounts of labour, materials, and equipment required for tasks / projects.
14. Ability to prepare reports and maintain accurate records.
15. Computer literate with Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook and Internet
16. Reasonable English language verbal and written communication skills.